I picked up the Acer Aspire 5750-6677 notebook computer at Costco today, and it seems like a nice notebook computer after using it for a few hours. Here’s what I thing of the laptop in the first few hours of use:
- Build quality: Overall, I think the quality is great. There is almost no keyboard flex, and and the lid of the laptop is more solid than that of a MacBook (some of the highest quality notebooks ever made). It feels very solid, and I think it could take a beating yet still stay working.
- Touchpad: This is by far the worst touch pad I have ever used. It is absolutely atrocious. I strongly dislike touchpads to begin with, but this one is awful. Your finger has to be almost completely flat for it to work, and it’s nothing like any other trackpad I’ve ever used.
- Webcam: Acer claims that the webcam included in this PC is HD. The software that Acer included to use the camera isn’t perfect, but the camera works fine in Skype and Gmail video chat.
- Speakers: If you’ve ever used a laptop, you’ll probably know that most laptop speakers are terrible. These are surprisingly good.
- HDMI: This computer features an HDMI port, allowing you to easily connect it to a large television. I’ve tried it out, and it works fine.
- USB Ports: I love USB ports. On my primary desktop PC, I’ve run out, even with two USB hubs. Like most laptops, this PC has three USB ports. Two are USB 2.0, one is USB 3.0 (next generation of USB- much, much faster).
- Microphone: One word- awful. I will be using an external one for sure.
- Battery Life: One thing most people look for in laptops is battery life. The six cell battery in the 5750-6677 is good, but not great. It lasts for about 3 hours.
Specs: 2.1 GHz Intel Core i3-2310M processor, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, 1.3MP webcam, 15.6 inch widescreen display (1366 x 7368), Supermulti disk drive, 802.11 b/g/n wireless
Overall, this laptop is great. Windows 7 works flawlessly, and it seems pretty solid. As of now, I definitely recommend it to anybody. Look for a full review soon!
The TechOmelette purchased his Acer 5750-6677 at Costco. If you’re not a Costco member, you can purchase a similar Acer model at Amazon.com. The two models here are extremely similar and just as powerful.
No related posts.